Advertise With Us

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Liverpool midfielder exit inevitable

Liverpool midfielder wants a move to Real Madrid sorted out before July 19 according to reports.

Xabi Alonso has flown back to Spain after the Confederations Cup in South Africa and immediately went into talks with his representative Inaki Ibanez, to have his future sorted out before he is due to meet up with his team-mates ahead of a tour of Asia.

  "I don't know what will happen. The clubs now have to negotiate."

“It is always positive when various teams are said to want you because that is better than nobody being interested, but I cannot say much more,” – Xabi Alonso, Spanish newspaper AS.

Alonso has so far refused to come out and publicly make his intentions clear. Rafa Benitez wants to keep Alonso but accepts there is little he can do if the player wants to leave.

“I know that I have to keep playing well and will be able to decide what happens next whenever it arises.

“I do not think a move to Real Madrid is impossible, but I would also have no regrets at all staying at Liverpool.

“My relationship with Benitez is professional. I’ve already been in England five years and the truth is that I have adapted well.

“I’m happy there, though I do miss certain things from Spain. I cannot rule out a move or even staying in the Premier League.” – Xabi Alonso

Xabi Alonso Benitez will held a face-to-face talks with Alonso this week after scoring the winning goal for Spain against South Africa. The press interview during his involvement at South Africa has puzzled us and Liverpool. Alonso did not gave his assurances about where his future lies after the Confederations Cup.

Benitez does not want to lose either Alonso or Javier Mascherano, but if Alonso is keen for a Bernabeu switch, he wants the player to publicly come out and state his intentions.

Real Madrid has submitted a £30million bid for Alonso but Liverpool will not do business if the bids are lower than £35million, according to the sources from Spain.

Hopefully, Benitez can persuades Alonso, a player he’s trying to offload last summer, to stay put at Anfield.

 

Stay tune for more transfer news and rumours. Follow me on Twitter.

Get 10% OFF Official Liverpool FC Merchandise from eXosports. Don’t forget to get the voucher code from me.

 

YNWA,

Red's Fury™

0 comments:

Advertise With Us