Advertise With Us

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Reds captures Ibrox’s starlet

On Wednesday news, Liverpool FC confirmed they have agreed a deal in principle for the transfer of Danny Wilson from Glasgow Rangers. Danny Wilson signed a three-year contract at Liverpool after passing a medical.

Danny Wilson The 18-year-old arrives from Glasgow Rangers, established himself in the centre of defence at Rangers last season and landed the Scottish Football Association Young Player of the Year trophy after making 24 appearances for the Ibrox side.

   “It's a great feeling to sign for Liverpool. Wherever you go everyone knows Liverpool FC and I am just very happy to be here.

"This is a massive challenge for me. This is one of the best leagues in the world and I will be playing for one of the biggest teams in the world.

"Coming here from Scotland, people may say I might not be ready for this, but that is a challenge I want to put on myself and that's the reason I came here.

"Everyone knows about the history of this football club with 18 league titles.

"It wasn't a difficult decision to come here as Liverpool are not a team who come in for you every day, so I can't wait to get started.

"There were other clubs interested in me who are in the Champions League, but once Liverpool came in for me there was only one team I wanted to go to." Wilson told www.liverpoolfc.tv

Liverpool will pay Rangers £2million up front for the 18-year-old with a further £3million dependent on appearances and add-ons.

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

0 comments:

Advertise With Us