Advertise With Us

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Transfer rumours: Kuyt and Mascherano latest

Roy Hodgson has reiterated that Dik Kuyt is not for sale, insisting the Dutchman is a key part of his Liverpool plans.

It has been suggested in some quarters that the 30-year-old's future could lay elsewhere other than Anfield, but the manager was robust when answering questions from journalists about the forward's future.

   "We have not received any offer. Dirk Kuyt has not told me he wants to go.

"We don't want an offer and at this very late stage in transfer window it would be remarkably unusual for us to accept an offer for a player we don’t want to lose and for money we don't want.

"I need the player, I don't need money." Hodgson told a press conference in Turkey.

Hodgson continues to deny any knowledge of Kuyt wanting to leave despite suggestions by his agent that talks between the two clubs are continuing.

Meanwhile, Rob Jansen has claimed that the Dutch forward wants to leave the club and that talks are ongoing between Liverpool and Inter Milan, who former Reds boss Rafa Benitez departed for this summer.

Hodgson also revealed there have been no new developments in the future of Javier Mascherano, who continues to be linked with Barcelona.

The Argentina captain was left out of Monday's Barclays Premier League clash with Manchester City by the boss and did not join the squad in travelling to Turkey today.

But Hodgson said he hoped there would be a conclusion one way or the other in the next few days and did not rule out selecting the Argentina captain for Sunday's Premier League match at home to West Brom.

   "As far as I know there have been no further developments since the last time I spoke to the press.

"The fact he's not here is, I guess, because the negotiations are on going between the clubs. If he played here tomorrow it might prejudice the transfer.

"I don't wish to do anything like that to the player. I don't wish to prejudice his transfer by forcing him onto the field in a game which might make it difficult.

"But I am seriously hoping things will be sorted out in the next couple of days one way or another. I have no idea which way that will be.

"Going into Sunday's game (against West Brom), I think I am entitled to have the player available for selection if he is going to continue to be a Liverpool player.

"Tomorrow night was never a question, but Sunday is very much a question because I think that by Sunday I should know whether he is going to play for Liverpool this season or Barcelona." Hodgson told a press conference in Turkey.

Hodgson also quashed the press’ speculations on the multitude of strikers linked with Liverpool in recent days such as David Trezeguet, Mario Gomez and Carlton Cole. He simply answered the press, “None of those players are likely to be playing for Liverpool this season.”

Source: LiverpoolFC.tv

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

0 comments:

Advertise With Us