Advertise With Us

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Liverpool Sign Record Deal with Warrior Sports – How will the jerseys look like?

The Daily Mail has reported that Liverpool have agreed a £25 million-a-year kit deal with Boston-based company Warrior Sports in April. The deal is a record for English football surpassing Manchester United’s £23.5 million-a-year Nike deal.

warrior sports The £25 million-a-year kit deal is twice as much as what Liverpool were getting from Adidas, my biggest concern is whether Warrior Sports can create a professional and aesthetically pleasing soccer kit. The first new Liverpool kit designed and manufactured by Warrior Sports will debut in the 2012-13 season, so they will have plenty of time to perfect the design.

Who are Warrior Sports?

Headquartered in Warren, Michigan, Warrior Sports is recognized as one of the sporting goods industry’s premier manufacturers of innovative, high performance, cutting-edge equipment, footwear and apparel for lacrosse and hockey athletes of all ages and abilities. Founded in 1992 by former champion lacrosse player David Morrow, Warrior was acquired by privately-held New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc. in February 2004. The 2007 acquisition of Boston-based Brine Sporting Goods further established Warrior Sports as the dominant force in the lacrosse world.

Warrior is dedicated to a core set of philosophies and strengths: technical superiority, grassroots marketing, original and creative youthful expression, and strong partnerships with retailers and suppliers. Since creating the first titanium shafts in 1992, Warrior has constantly pushed the envelope in the evolution of the game. By taking a fresh, energetic approach to the game, and employing young, enthusiastic lacrosse players like Jesse Hubbard and Mark Millon, Warrior set out to change the game – the best gear in the world,developed by the best players in the World.

The record deal with Liverpool sees the company entering the football world seeing it specializes in the lacrosse sporting equipment and apparel.

Until then, take a look at the future Liverpool FC kits from Warrior Sports.

Fan designs - mock-up

Let us know what do you think of the new kits design on the comment box below.

This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Source: WakeFieldReds

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

7 comments:

Drew said...

Well it's hard, at the moment, to say that Warrior's designs can ever top our recent adidas kits. The home kit will always be the easiest to emulate because we know it will be consistently RED!!! That said, they need nit change much at all. As for our away and possible 3rd kits, I have the newest adidas grey and silver one and, to me, it's far and away one of the nicest we've ever had!! The colours just scream winners! I don't know why this colour yellow and red keeps popping up? I know we have had yellow in the past but I feel it's better as a 3rd kit coiling combination. I hope they stick with the grey, silver and red as our away kit. Now we all know that adidas are on the cutting edge of materials used in kits! (climacool) So as far as tinkering, I really hope they just follow adidas' lead! If it's not broken, and it's definitely not, then don't fix it!!! Can't think this move is for any other reason than money. So just keep it simple and clean Warrior!!! Don't have our Reds out on the pitch looking like we play for McDonalds and don't make us the clowns! I do like the Red so far. Reminds me of the 80s kits from Umbro. But that goes hand in hand with the yellow ones. Bring back our "real" 3rd colour of green we used in 2006 or 2008... Good Luck.

Unknown said...

I don't much like making comparisons unless where absolutely necessary but I must admit I love what I'm seeing. I hope those designs get implemented.

My chief reason for loving the new shirt design, other than only Liverpool FC wearing Warrior, is the preeminence of the Liver Bird, as it should. That I'm NOT complaining one bit about.The other is the clean, simple look.

What I hated about Adidas was the mass look they gave us. With the exception of Real Madrid, the German national team and Bayern Munich, all of whom I feel arm twisted Adidas to create relatively unique looks just for them, I feel each Adidas club shirt looked like another's, other than color.

I'd gladly model this shirt as a one off in terms of design. LFC must always cultivate a look that's as unique as the playing style, fandom and history.

I love it.

Unknown said...

Hi Drew and Sam...

Loved your inputs here. but please bear in mind that the picture shown was just a fan design.

How Warrior going to design and what materials are they gonna use are still unknown to all of us.

But I bet, if they're willing to forked out £25 million-a-year. The shirts will be look great and they want to get back something on the shirt sales too.

YNWA

joejoe said...

Well this is my favorite of the many Warrior kit mock- ups starting to surface. I agree that the use of the Liver bird is a nice touch. In my opinion a slightb shake-up of the kit might be a good thing for the club at the moment. I also agree with Drew in so far as i also feel a certain love for the green kits we used to use when away from home.
Lets get behind them, and hope they give us a kit to be proud of.

YNWA

Anonymous said...

Warrior could do a lot worse than these. Really like them both. Hope they're at least similar.

pay per head said...

I agree with Drew, it's too soon to say if this new brand will bring all the appropriate and technological sport kit like a worldwide sports company like adidas, but I saw the other post on the possible new jerseys and I love them. On the other hand, it is a great deal for Liverpool, so just let's give them a chance

Jersey Loco said...

It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed material. Fantastic read. Best mls jerseys online service provider.

Advertise With Us