Advertise With Us

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Johnson extends Liverpool stay

Glen Johnson revealed his delight at signing an extension to his Liverpool contract - and spoke of his belief that the club's future will be a bright one.

Glen Johnson The defender committed himself to the Reds by putting pen to paper on the deal at Melwood on Wednesday afternoon - and then explained to us why he had no hesitation in doing so.

"I'm very pleased," Johnson told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I've been here a couple of years and it's great to be staying here for a few years longer now.

"For the club to want me to be here is a great feeling and I did not have to think twice about signing.

"I think I am improving all the time at Liverpool. You're never too good to improve - and my aim is to just keep improving.

"With the squad we've got now, the backroom staff and the way things are going, things are looking positive. The club is looking to bring a few more players in, so the future is looking bright.

"We've made a couple of good signings already and with a few more we will be a right force in the coming season.

"I'm quietly confident (about the new season). If we take it game-by-game I think we'll do well."

Read more: Liverpool FC Official

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

0 comments:

Advertise With Us