Advertise With Us

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Liverpool missed out on free transfer target

Mohamed DiameFollowing the sacking of Kenny Dalglish, the proposed transfer deal for Senegal midfielder, Mohamed Diame to Liverpool has collapsed.

The Senegal midfielder, 24, is a free agent after letting his contract at Wigan run down, and although he has offers on the table from Spain, France and Turkey, he admits feeling hurt after having a move to Anfield snatched away.

Diame has revealed he held discussions with Dalglish about a possible move to Anfield and that he was sad to see the deal fall through following the Scot's departure earlier this month.

   “I met before Kenny Dalglish and we talked about next season, but God decided to finish this situation,”

“It is true I was very sad in my head as I was thinking to go there, but that is OK as I think I have got other opportunities to go to another club.”

“I am free and not everybody is free in this moment like a midfield player like me and that is why I have got a lot of clubs interested in me,”

“I have to be composed and make a good decision for my future. I have got some offers from Spain, from France, from Turkey, but I really want to stay in the Premier League.” Diame told Sky Sports News.

However, there could be an outside chance of a deal being resurrected should Latics boss Roberto Martinez - who is expected to hold more talks with FSG having returned from holiday today - be appointed to succeed Dalglish.

This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club or Red's Fury™ blog.

Red's Fury™on

Stay tune for more news and follow me on Twitter.

0 comments:

Advertise With Us